Saturday, March 5, 2011

There may be some of you that might think my kids are perfect since most of my posts are about all the cute and perfect things they do, but I'm here to tell you that they're not.

Corgin and Link like to go into their rooms and play. Lately, when they are playing in Linkoln's room Corgin has made a habit of pulling out all the diapers and stuff that I have in the closet. He's done this about six times and I've tried making him clean it up, time outs, spankings, and a combination of all of the above to keep him from doing it again. But it keeps happening. Well, the boys disappeared into the bedrooms to play today. After a little while Corgin came out with the baby lotion and asked to have some. I asked him to put it away. He usually does what he's told. About 10 minutes later I get a whiff of baby lotion. I decided I better go check things out.

I walked into Link's room and saw RED! Corgin had got out all the diapers and things from the closet again. He had scattered wipes everywhere. And the worst, he had taken the pump off the lotion and it was EVERYWHERE. On the window, on the windowsill, on the crib, on some toys, on the carpet, on the glider ottoman, I mean everywhere. The front of Link's shirt was just soaked with it. Corgin knew he was in trouble too because as soon as he saw me he said, "We'll clean it up, Mom, we'll clean it up!" I think Corgin suffers from the terrible threes, because he was a good little two year old, but now he is getting to be not as obedient and he gets into everything. He is still in his room (probably playing) because I can't look at him with out wanting to growl. It's not the mess that makes me upset, it's him not listening and obeying after he's gotten in trouble for the same thing so many times. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get your children to listen and not repeat the same thing over and over? I could definitely use some.

Well, I'm done venting. On a completely separate note, Link is starting to take steps without holding on to something or someone for balance. It won't be long before he's walking. Then who knows what trouble my two boys will cause! I don't want to think about it; it scares me.

4 comments:

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Oh, Katie -- I'm sorry things went to badly today. I can hardly imagine sweet Corgin could do anything that bad, but I guess the adventure has to come out somewhere. Tell the boys we love them & we want them to be NICE to Mommy & LISTEN to what she says!! Come for a visit -- we miss you!!

Ryan, Marilyn, and Karalee said...

Kara must have taught him something while you were up here, cuz she does things just like that!

Kristi said...

That little pill!! Sorry you had such a bad day.

nicwoo said...

oh dear. I'm sorry. It is good to vent and send it out into cyber space, huh!?