Thursday, August 1, 2013

hey everybody! here's JULY

Our July has been super busy! We've just gone from one thing to the next. Here are some pictures of our little adventures.

Fourth of July

We had a family night for the Fourth at my Aunt Marian's and afterward we hung out at my Mom's. I had promised the boys that they could have a popsicle, so here they are enjoying it. And that's right, I made them strip down to their underwear so they wouldn't stain their clothes, and I think they loved it.
Link, Tytan, and Corgin.
 
Then we spent the night before the Fourth at Brent and Kristi's. Tess and Jake came from Texas and Trisha and Danny came from Washington so we had a weenie roast and then Clint slept on the trampoline with some of the kids, well, until it started to rain.
Getting ready for bed, Tess, Addi, Corgin, Link, Clint, and Kristi.

 
The next morning we went to the parade in Inkom. The kids loved it and, like always, they got tons of candy.
Eisley, me, Linkoln, Clint, Corgin, and we'll gladly adopt Pierce and Addi who snuck into our family picture.
 
The kids with their cousins waiting for the parade to start.
 
 Then, we were all surprised when Jake and Janelle showed up as the parade began, making it so that all of Clint's brothers and sisters with their families were there.
 
I don't think it's possible to get a good picture of all three kids, but I tried in vain anyway.
Here's the best, Link, Eisley, and Corgin.
 
After the parade we went back up to Clint's parents' house for food and fun water games. I didn't happen to get any shots of us playing, but Kristi made sure to get pictures of all our family.
Here's all the cousins. Top: Emmy, Ali, Eisley, Carter, Link, Ashton. Bottom: Brielle, Addi, Grant, Pierce, Corgin, and Lilly. 
 
 The whole family. Starting from the top: Jake, Jacob, Clint, Danny, Jaron, Brent, Tess and Pierce, Janelle, me and Eisley, Trisha, Heather, Kristi, Emmy, Ali, Carter, Ashton, Brielle, Addi, Grant, Corgin, Lilly, and Link. 
 
But we weren't done celebrating the Fourth yet, later in the afternoon we headed to Blackfoot to have more food and fun at my parents'. Again I didn't get pictures of the fun, but once things slowed down a bit I got a few shots of the kids when we were waiting for it to get dark enough for fireworks.
Corgin and Linkoln enjoyed a plate of cheese puffs while they waited.
 
Eisley played it cool in her stroller.
 
Then we finally started the firework show.....and don't worry, we didn't let that fire get out of hand. For some reason this was the only picture I had of the fireworks though.
 

Boating

We had a days rest after the Fourth festivities then took a day to go to the lake with some of Clint's family that was still here.
 
Little Eisley girl in her boating clothes.
Isn't she sweet when she sleeps?
 
Corgin loved rowing around the air mattress. He called it his canoe.
 
Link loved the Oreos!
 

Anniversary Get Away

The next day, Clint and I were able to actually go away for a couple nights for our anniversary this year. We took off to Sun Valley and the surrounding area. We stayed in Ketchum. We visited Redfish Lake. While we were there we rented a two person kayak and kayaked around the lake for a little while. We visited the gift shop. We ate and then walked along the beach. We also rented a couple of bikes and rode the bike trail around Ketchum and Sun Valley. We had fun and enjoyed each others company. Nine years and going strong. I love my man.
 
This is on the beach at Redfish.
 
A panorama of the dock and beach at the lake.
 
That's me taking a break for a picture on our bike ride.
 
The last night we were there we went to a little chocolate shop in Ketchum with the best caramel apple ever. It's called the "apple pie" and it was delicious. The apple was dipped in caramel, then white chocolate, then sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Like I said, BEST caramel apple EVER!
 

Swimming Lessons

When Clint and I got back, the boys were already a couple days into their swimming lessons. Here's a few pictures and a video.
 
Link going off the diving board (he was going off it by himself by the end of lessons).
 
Corgin jumping off the diving board.

Corgin doing "big arms".

 
Linkoln swimming on his back by himself.

This is a video of one of Link's lessons, but Corgin is swimming in the background so look for him in the red goggles and blue and white shorts.

 

Robertson Family Camp-Out

We finished the last swimming lesson and then headed off to camp that same day. We camped at Scout Mountain this year and had a lot of fun. Here are some pictures, of course.
 
Corgin and Linkoln were good buddies most of the time when we were there. 
 
I love to see them get along.
 
Link liked to relax, and maybe ponder life, by the fire.
 
Eisley bundled up at night to stay warm.
 
This is what I woke up to one morning. I was surprised to be awake before the littlest one. She usually wakes up first.
 
The boys loved playing in the dirt.
 
They had fun chasing some of my cousins too.
Nathan, Corgin, and Spencer
 
My brother, Jake, spent half a day making a swing for the kids.
 
Then tested it out on Tytan.        It's good.
 
So then all the kids wanted to have a turn. Here's Link.
 
And Corgin got a turn too.
 
Eisley watched all the excitement from her stroller.
 
I had to post this pic because I love Jake's face in it.
 
As the day progressed, so did the height of the swing. Corgin is the little guy at the top of the picture. The boys all loved going so high.
 
Link didn't take his time in getting dirty, especially his face. I swear I'd wipe it and two seconds later it would be dirtier than it was before I wiped it. I decided that I would just let him be after attempting to keep his face clean the first day. It's OK. We're camping, right?
 
Eisley was a happy camper, more so when she wasn't strapped into her stroller. She likes to go and to eat.
 
My cousin Courtney brought some paint and helped the boys paint rocks. Great idea and they totally loved it.
Corgin with his painted rocks.
 
Linkoln with his painted rocks (and face).
 
Eisley wasn't the only one who was strapped in, Zoey was too. I think they had an understanding.
 
Corgin was nice and helped Link with the drinking fountain.
 
This meal was fantastic, but I posted this pic because Mikki's face is classic. I couldn't resist.
Uncle Brad, Spencer, Aunt Jo, Mikki, and Aunt Becky
 
Where we all congregated.
 
My Grandpa Robertson wearing Corgin's bike helmet.
 
Some of us hanging out.
Nick, Mikki, Emery, my Mom, Lexi, and me trying to get Eisley to sleep.
 
Corgin and Ava. He had lots of fun playing with his second cousins.
 
More of us at camp.
Jill, me and Eisley, Aunt Susie, Link, and Cassie.
 
Some of the guys liked Jake's swing, but thought it was a bit unsafe for some of the younger kids so they rigged up another one. They used that little yellow camping chair and a popped inter tube from a bike tire and they called it the "kid sling". I don't have pictures of the finished product, but it was great for the younger kids.
Spencer, Cory, Uncle Gery, Grandpa, and Uncle Chris.
 
Had a blast catching up with everyone and, like always, can't wait to do it again next year.
 

More Boating

Again, we had one day to regain our strength and then we were off for another fun day of boating. Clint's Uncle was visiting from California with his family, including his son who was leaving soon on his mission. They had never really been boating before, so Kristi, Brent, and us took them.
Clint also took his and Corgin's fishing poles and they did a little fishing from the dock.
 
 
And Link got courageous and rode the tube all by himself. I was surprised by his bravery. I think he had fun.
 
Now I hope our August allows us to catch our breath before soccer and school start.

2 comments:

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Great pictures and post, Katie!! What a fun summer you've had -- and BUSY! We're happy we got to share a little of it with all of you.
We love you, Clint & Katie and Corgin, Link, & Eisley!!! Hugs & Kisses!!!

Kristi said...

So glad you keep up with your blog! Such fun things...thanks for sharing with us! Pics were great!