Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fun and Fireworks!

We started out our 4th of July celebrations with a parade. Corgin was really excited!

We went to the parade in Inkom. They always throw lots of candy. Corgin waited with his hands out so he could catch it all!

He would also wave as the floats (can I really call them that?) went by. Sometimes they would throw extra candy when they saw him waving.
Why is it that all the rules go out the window when there is a parade and parents start encouraging their kids to run out in the middle of the street and pick candy up off the ground? I'm not really sure, but we had fun doing just that, as did Corgin!
Here is all the goods he got. He'll be earning (potty treats, yay!) these for weeks!
Later, we went to a family barbeque and did some fireworks there. This is how Corgin would watch them at first.
Then he went to sit with his Aunt Maddie and cousin Tytan for a little while.
For some of the bigger ones, we moved to the church parking lot. Corgin was more into it by then and would even take them over to Uncle Gery to be lit.
He was super excited to take the big tank firework over to be lit.
Here it is. The grand finale of tanks! Corgin loved it.
Linkoln just slept through most of the celebrations, so no pictures of him.
Then, on Sunday night we watched fireworks from our house. I didn't take any pictures, but Corgin liked the really big ones. And again, Link slept.

3 comments:

Cass said...

Oh I miss all you all. I can't believe how big Tytan is getting. Me and the kiddos will be at the camp out. I'll get to ohh and ahh at mr. Linkoln and meet him for the first time.yey!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Fun 4th of July!! Cute pictures of Corgin -- I loved the one with his hands out waiting for candy.
We loved your short visit yesterday and are waiting for the new post about your exciting Anniversary. HA!

nicwoo said...

Fun! And your thoughts are mine about the street running and candy gobbling ;) Good luck with potty training! Have him sink a few cheerios with his little tank!!!