Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Family Camp-out 2011

We just returned from the family camp-out. We went up the Copper Basin area and had lots of fun. I rode up with my family on Tuesday and then the extended family started showing up on Thursday. Clint is training to become an engineer for the railroad and has class in Salt Lake, so he wasn't able to come. We missed him and Corgin would ask me about him every night when he went to bed. Despite him not being able to be there, we still managed to have some fun, especially Corgin. Here are a few pictures of our little adventure. (And adventure it was, for some more than others. My cousins, Cory and Jill, got a flat tire and they didn't get to the campsite until 3 or 4 in the morning after my aunt and uncle had to go out to find them since there was no cell service. Also, my other cousin, Courtney, went for a fourwheeler ride by herself and when she was over nine miles away from camp her fourwheeler stopped. She was rescued by a family that was leaving and brought back with the fourwheeler in tow. She was very glad to be back in camp.) Anyway, back to the pictures.


Corgin giving Linkoln a ride.



Brooklyn, Ava, Corgin, and Link.



Jake borrowed my little cousin's helmet and Maddie's cute pink bike and rode around camp. Some people will do anything for a laugh, but he did have some of us laughing.



Linkoln spent a lot of time on my lap. Here we are and you can see how happy he is about the situation.



Corgin



Corgin peeking through the door of the camp trailer. He insisted that I take a picture.


Corgin liked to give Link rides in his stroller. Linkoln spent a lot of time in his stroller too.



Linkoln and Corgin.


Link is so happy.



My cute happy campers.


Maddie and I gave the baby boys a rub down one night. They had tons of fun playing around and being super cute while we got the water and stuff ready for them.




Silly boys!



My parents rented a camper trailer for us and this was Linkoln's and Corgin's sleeping arrangements. Link got the bottom bunk in the pack'n'play and Corgin got the top bunk, which he loved. Maddie and Tytan slept on another bed and my mom and I shared the big bed. When Brianne, my brother's fiance, came she also had a bed to sleep on. It was a nice big trailer.



Mikki gave Corgin and Ava a ride behind her bike. Corgin loved it! He also loved riding his own bike around camp (or pushing it since it's hard to ride a bike with training wheels on a rocky uneven road) but I didn't happen to get any pictures of that.


The boys had fun riding with their Grandma Merri on the fourwheeler. Here they are, Linkoln, Tytan, Grandma, and Corgin. Corgin also rode with his Grandpa Dewey on the motorbike, but I didn't get any pictures of that either.



So much fun!


Corgin loved playing outside and, like most boys, peeing outside as well. He would find a tree to go behind, but he wasn't very good at hiding so sometimes people in our camp would see a suprising little moon. He also got to go fishing with his grandpa, but they didn't catch anything. He still had tons of fun though.


We took the kids on another ride the last day. We had to squeeze three of them in there, but they seemed to have fun. Corgin, Brooklyn, and Ava.


We stopped to eat on the way home. It was so hot that I had to get the boys some ice cream. Link loved having his own.


Messy face!


Corgin enjoyed some as well.


I love his little hands and the way he holds his ice cream cone.


He ate almost all of it.



The camp-out was so much fun, but I was glad to get home after chasing two boys around. Corgin had so much fun that last night at dinner he told me that he wants to live outside. Today Link had a doctor's appointment and when we got in the car Corgin asked if we were going camping again. He cracks me up. Also, while we were camping, he was carrying a big rock and I overheard him saying to Brooklyn, "Can you carry a rock? I can because I have big muscles and I'm tough." I just love my Corginman!


Speaking of the aforementioned Dr.'s appoinment, Link is growing just like he should and only cried for a second after he got shots. He weighs 20.14 lbs and is 32 in. long. He is starting to try to say words and is always so cute. A few of my favorite things that he does are that he lays his head on my shoulder when I get him out of his bed; when he decides to give me kisses, I usually get four or five at a time; if we say "monkey" in any phrase, he will make a little monkey sound; he yells really loud when he is in a place that echoes (usually public restrooms); and he is easily scared, like if you startle him, and he screams and tenses up then laughs. He's a great kid and I love him so much!

3 comments:

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Cute pictures of those darling little boys. Oh, how we love them!!

Kristi said...

Thanks for all those pictures! sounds like the boys loved camping out a ton! Maybe Link will be a little easier next year!

nicwoo said...

Great post and pics. Love the ice cream one where Linc's chin disappears. And that he yells in the restrooms. We do that too.