Friday, October 14, 2011

Get Away?

Well, this week we planned a little get-away. We packed up for a few days stay and headed to Island Park. Clint wanted to take Corgin and I fishing, so that's what we did as soon as we unpacked. Grandma Kristi came along too. She stayed back at the cabin with Link while Clint, Corgin, and I ventured out.




We made it to Henry's Lake. We paid $15 for three days of entering the national park. Then we parked and found ourselves a place on the beach to fish from.




Clint baited all our hooks. Worms and cheese scented marshmallows. He cast out all our lines.


We waited.


Corgin waited too. He played on the rocks and sat by his pole.


We didn't have to wait very long.


Within minutes we got a bite. Clint caught the first fish, a brooke trout.


Then Corgin got the next one before Clint got his hook rebaited.


Reel it in buddy! A nice rainbow trout.


Clint pulled out the hook and put Corgin's fish with his. Corgin's was bigger and he was definitely proud of that.


Not too long after that, I caught a fish, a cut throat, and the biggest of them all. Then the wind kicked up and the rain started to fall. We called it quits after not even an hour of fishing. Clint did all the dirty work, all Corgin and I did was reel them in, but we all got to claim a fish. I didn't want to hold my fish, so here it is in the sink back at the cabin with the other two.




Clint filleted them and everyone (except me, yuck) had them for dinner. Corgin and Clint ate the most and they loved it. Then, while I opted to stay and do the dishes, Clint, Corgin, Link, and Grandma Kristi went outside to go for a walk. While they were out Clint missed a call. It was the railroad. They called to let him know that they put him on a different job. So, instead of having a couple days until he had to go to work again, he had a couple hours. We packed everything back in the car and came home.



Life of a railroader! Anyway, we at least got to take Corgin fishing which was our main reason for going, however just not as much as we had hoped. And that was our one day "get-away".

3 comments:

Kristi said...

loved the pics! It's great to see Clint and Corgin in the father/son role and made me proud! Fun to get away with you all, even if only for a few hours! Darn it all!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Sorry your fishing trip was cut short, but you'd probably emptied the lake at the rate you were catching fish. What a fun family "get away"!! Nice fishing job, Corgin -- you caught a big one!!

nicwoo said...

Fishing is the opposite of work! lol -and you did such a good job of it. (I wouldn't have eaten it either I don't think.)