Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween, Sleep Over, and Camera Dump

HALLOWEEN


We started our Halloween celebrations by carving pumpkins. Grandpa Brent and Grandma Kristi joined us.



Corgin chose the white pumpkin and with the aide of Grandma got to work.


He was a little hesitant to pull out the insides at first, but eventually decided it wasn't so bad.



Grandpa Brent started a pumpkin for Linkoln, then Linkers followed his brother's example and dug right in.





And then he decided to taste his pumpkin.



He had to try Corgin's too.



Corgin drew the picture he wanted and then Grandma Kristi cut it for him.



He was the first one done. Here he is with his lit jack-o-lantern.



Clint took over Linkoln's pumpkin (that's right, he had to pull out the power tool) and I carved one for us. Link ate the pumpkin guts and Corgin was happy to watch.



Look at that cute kid! And I know, I really shouldn't be using a knife with my eyes closed.



The finished products.



We got to celebrate a couple times, the first being at the Robertson family Halloween party. I didn't get any pictures, but we had a blast.


Then, on Halloween we went trunk or treating. Corgin really wanted to be a "pumpkin head" but Clint talked him into being Spiderman. He was happy and loved getting all the candy.



Linkers was our little monkey. He was happy to follow Corgin and get candy and he loved his glow stick.



Here they are afterward with their candy. They made out pretty good.



SLEEP OVER


Corgin's and Link's cousin, Tytan, came to stay with us for a couple days. The boys were excited to have a little sleepover.


Clint and I wanted to check out Brooklyn's Playground, the new all access playground that was built here in Poky, so we decided to take the boys.

Linkers loved driving.


Tytan and Linkoln on the swing.


They loved this swing. Corgin did too, he just laid back and shut his eyes and kept telling us how relaxing it was.



The park wore them out and they took good naps for us, however, they had lots of energy later. Check them out when we were trying to get them ready for bed.


In the morning they watched cartoons while trying to wake up.



Later they watched "How to Train Your Dragon."


And it's not a sleepover without playing in the fort.



So, they played in the fort.


These two are best buddies.



MORE SUMMER FUN


Another boating excursion.

Link loved to be outside.


Corgin enjoyed the water.


Linkers napped.


Corgin went swimming with Dad.


"Hi guys!"


Corgin spent hours playing in the sand.


And sitting in the sand while drinking his chocolate milk too.


We played in the park.




Earlier this summer, Corgin wanted to learn how to ride his bike without his training wheels. This was the first attempt. Here is Daddy taking off the training wheels with two little helpers. I wonder what Corgin is thinking.

There he goes.
Corgin wouldn't let his dad let go. He eventually figured it out, just not this time.



Played outside the house a lot this summer too.
Give them shovels and they are content.

Link followed Corgin everywhere.






Corgin loved playing soccer with Dad.



Linkers watched and probably wished he was bigger so he could play too.



JUST SOME RANDOMS


One Sunday afternoon, the boys found a box. Corgin would give Link rides and they were happy little boys.




Linkoln doesn't quite know how to wear a belt.


Link is the happiest boy on earth if he gets the TV remote.


Notice who is driving that fourwheeler. It's Corgin!!!


Corgin's Grandpa Dewey has a camoflauge coat and hat similar to these. When Corgster saw them in the store he put them on and called himself "John Deere Grandpa Dewey".


Don't ask, and we won't tell.


The other night when the boys were in the bath, they were using their bubbles to make "bubble beards". Silly kids. Now they are even more creative and make "bubble gloves, bubble boots, and bubble snow clothes".


The boys were getting haircuts at my mom's house. Linkoln loved drawing with the chalk, but he also got some on his little nose.


Linkers likes to tackle Corgin and wrestle with him.


Corgin is happy to let him (most of the time).


These two little rascals keep me busy and keep me laughing. Corgin says the most grown up things sometimes. The other day after I had gotten after him for not cleaning up his toys he said, "That's just part of having a kid." I laughed and now he says it a lot. Also, the other day Clint was mowing the lawn and he says to me, "I'm impressed he hasn't had to dump the grass." What three year old says "I'm impressed"? He had his very sweet moments too. The other night he told me that he would keep me forever. I love that. Linkers is growing up fast too. He had a well check the other day and he weighed 23 lbs (I weighed Corgin that same day and he was only 26 lbs) and is in the tenth percentile for weight. He's in the 75th percentile for height at 33 inches long. He is starting to talk. Some of my favorites and "Here you go" which comes out as "he-ya go" and "bye bye" which he says "bye bee". I also love to hear that little voice saying Mommy, even when he calls it early in the morning when I am trying to sleep. I'm so blessed to have such a great family and I love them so much!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

so many cute pictures!! The "don't ask, don't tell" probably was my favorite!! Corgin....cracked me up! So glad you live close and we can see them growing up and spend special times with you. LOVED the hugs and kisses from the boys yesterday at Walmart! Priceless