Saturday, November 12, 2011

Corgin

I wanted to share some of the things that Corgin does. I've shared some of these things on facebook, but since this is my journal and I will soon be making it into another book, I wanted to put it somewhere more permanent.

Corgin always asks questions. When I ask him why he always has to talk and ask so many questions he tells me, "because I want to know everything." It's so true. And after I answer his questions he remembers it all. Also, my kid is the one that during the Primary Sacrament Program hollers hi to his grandma in the middle of it. He speaks like he is three going on thirty sometimes, like the other night when he told me he had a tummy ache after running around (I'm sure it was a sideache) and when I asked him where it hurt, he rubbed his stomach and said "in this general area." At Luke's wedding reception (Yay! Luke and Brianne got married!!!) he started break dancing, if you can really call it that, in the middle of the floor near the line. We asked him where he learned that and he said he just knew how to do it. We also think it was a mix of sugar, an audience, and not knowing what to do with himself since he was tired and it was past his bedtime. He likes to make up songs too. The other day some of his lyrics were, "Dinosaurs like to eat moldy jalepenos." So funny!

Corgin tends to see the good in things, even those things that seem bad. For example, the other day I was driving and got a chip in my windsheild. I said said something about it and had to explain what it was and after I did he says, "It's good it wasn't the whole window." Then a little bit later he bit his cheek and says, "It's good it's not bleeding." I notice that he starts a lot of sentances with "It's good . . ." I hope he keeps that trait and can always find the good in life.

He also has the biggest heart. He is always concerned about others, even cartoon characters. We were watching Bolt the other night. There was a place when the cat is sad and he says, "sometimes when movies are sad it makes my eyes water like I'm going to cry." Then at the end when the dog and little girl were stuck in the fire he broke out into all out sobs. The kind where it's hard to catch your breath. He was breaking my heart. We had to tell him to calm down and take deep breaths and that the dog and little girl were okay and happy. He was still a little sad when he went to bed after that. And to brag a little, Corgin can recite 1-4 of the Articles of Faith. We are working on the others, he learns them so fast.

And that is just a little bit about my Corgin. Stay tuned to learn more about Linkoln next post.

1 comment:

nicwoo said...

How nice! What a great kid, and you are very astute about the effects of sugar + audience.