I saw this on a friend's blog and thought it was fun to read and I decided I'd do it. If you don't want to read this it's okay. It may be a bit boring to some.
1. Did you date someone in high school? Yes, my first official boyfriend in high school was Tyce Williams. He took me to my first dance when I turned 16 - he was a couple other firsts too (first to hold my hand and kiss my cheek, what were you thinking 'cause I'm not that kind of girl). That didn't last too long because I convienently got sick when we were alone (I thought he wanted to make-out with me and my mom had given me that talk). So, after him I just dated a lot of guys and didn't get another serious boyfriend for a while. It was more fun that way and I made a lot of good friends. My jr. year I dated Ryan Williams, kind of off and on until he left on his mission. Then I didn't have another boyfriend until after high school.
2. What kind of car did you drive? When I got my license, I drove a 1986 (I think) GMC deisel truck. It was called "Old Silver" and it was a stick shift. I couldn't really drive it very well, so on the way too and from school I had my younger brother shift while I drove. Then my sr. year I got the "Exploder". It was a red 1992 Ford Explorer with a lot of miles on it and we all thought would explode at any time. It survived until after I was married. I guess we were wrong..
3. Did you pass your driver's license test the first time? Hecks yes, I did!
4. Were you a party animal? Not so much, no. I do better in small groups.
5. Were you considered a flirt? I may have even bordered on the edge of being a tease.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I did participate in choir. I was in the acapella group. I did it mostly because of the choir trips. Oh man, they were fun. I have lots of memories from trips. Like one trip my cousin, Marilyn, and I stayed up the whole time - 41 hours straight. We were pretty crazy with no sleep and I'm suprised we didn't get caught running around the hotel all night. There was another trip when Mares and I liked these boys that were friends, so one day we traded boyfriends (they weren't really our boyfriends, just on the trip because what happened on choir trip stayed on choir trip). Then there was the one where the boys went skinny dipping in the hotel swimming pool. If we would have known that they didn't have anything on under their towels, we probably would have freaked out and definitely wouldn't have talked to them as long as we did. Crazy choir trips!
7. Were you a nerd? Yep.
8. Were you on any varsity teams? I was a varsity cheerleader.
9. Did you ever get suspended or expelled? No, I never got caught. Okay, so I never really did anything that would have been punishable by suspension or expulsion. I was a good kid. Although, there was that time in Boise during state basketball my sr. year, which involved the hotel window, boys, and some tinfoil glistening in the moonlight. That sounds worse than it was, but I still think we would have got in trouble. Do you remember that Megan? So glad the hotel guy didn't catch us. Crazy boys!
10. Is there anything you wish you would have done or participated in? No, I had a lot of fun in high school. Maybe I would be a little more outgoing, because I think that sometimes my shyness was mistaken for being a snot.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? Coach Wright - that class was so easy and for some reason he nicknamed Tyce, Spencer, Juli, and me the telletubbies. I think he had young kids at home, but he liked us so it was easy to pass his class. Mr. Coles was another good teacher. Although, I'm not so sure he liked me. Nicole, Spencer, and I talked way too much. I also liked Mrs. Asmus. She made me realize that I liked biology, and she was easy to get off the subject. She told us a lot of crazy stories when we were supposed to be talking about science.
12. Where did you sit at lunch? Every day was somewhere different. We had an open campus at lunch, so we'd take turns going to each others houses for lunch, or into town (sorry mom, I did break the rule a few times).
13. School mascot: Panther
14. School colors: Purple, white, black, and silver - try putting all those in a cheer. We had too many colors if you ask me.
15. Did you go to homecoming and who with? My jr. year I went with Brian Turpin. I was on the bus an the way to cheer at a football game when a truck drives up right next to us and there is Brian hanging out the window asking me to go to the dance with him. I think I just yelled yes. I had a lot of fun times with Brian. He turned out to be a really good friend. Then my sr. year I went with Matt Murdock. He filled my room with balloons and I had to pop them all to find his name. That was my first date with Matt, who I eventually ended up dating for almost two years.
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Probably not. I had fun, but I love where I am now and I've realized that a lot of things that I thought were so important then, aren't so important now.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? I don't remember an awful lot about the actual graduation ceremony except that it was long, but I do remember a lot about the sr. banquet and the sr. trip. The sr. banquet was fun, and after it was done a few of my friends and I went and jumped in the canal. I ended up with an ear infection from the water and I remember that on the sr. trip I had to take ear drops and I felt stupid putting them in my ears on the bus because I was sitting with Matt Murdock and I liked him (we weren't officially together then). I felt dumb and I think I even had to ask him to help.
18. Where did you go on Senior Skip Day? I don't remember, but I'm sure that Alanna and I did something fun.
19. Were you in any clubs? Nope.
20. Have you gained weight since then? I gained weight when I was pregnant, but now I think I weigh about the same as I did then. I don't really ever weigh myself, but it seems that my weight doesn't change much when I do.
21. Who was your prom date? My soph. year I went with Caleb Burke. My jr. year I went with Brian Turpin and my sr. year I went to prom with Michael Evans. All of them were fun dates.
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Hecks yes! I hear those are the funnest ones because not everyone has grown up yet. Besides that, I would like to see some of my classmates that I haven't kept in touch with.
23. Did you have a job while in high school? A few, actually. I moved pipe for my dad every summer. I also worked potato harvest every year too. Harvest has a lot of memories - always fun!
24. Worst class? Math, especially with Mr. Grant. He always got a little too close and smelled way too strong of cigarettes.
25.Favorite class? I did enjoy my art class - Nicole, you know why. Good ol' "Coach Coles". We had a lot of fun. I also liked choir class, especially when Mrs. Secrist subbed. I can't tell you how many times we got out of it when she was there. And Mares, you remember sneaking out the window. He he.
5 years ago


2 comments:
this was fun to read!! And oh boy, do I ever remember that night at boys state basketball in the hotel room!! Haha, fun times!!!!!! I can't believe we're "all grown up" now! (;
You so were not a nerd...a flirt and a tease...yes...well not really i think its just your easy going fun personality....and you are so right about mr grant...i feel bad for the kids that go now cuz they dont get that great sub who I consider to be one of my best friends...secrist hasnt subbed since drew graduated...that was fun to read...
Post a Comment